8. Please provide sufficient information to identify the image(s) requested. For photographs or museum items, please provide the title, artist, and accession number, if available. For manuscripts or library items, please provide call number, title, author, and date, if known. (Please note: This field will expand to accommodate your entire entry):
9. Select format and size: (Please note: new digitization fees may apply)
I only need to apply for permission to use images. I already have high-quality reproductions of the VHS images and do not need to order additional prints or digital files. (Check this box and skip to question #10.)
• Digital images:
72 dpi JPEG ($15)
This small file size is ideal for viewing on a computer screen. This would also be sufficient for a PowerPoint presentation. Small prints can be made, but some quality may be compromised. Compare this file size to images seen on web sites.
300 dpi JPEG ($25)
This high resolution file size is ideal for making a print. This selection serves most user's needs and is the most frequently requested file size.
300 dpi TIFF ($25)
This uncompressed high resolution file size is ideal for publication. Also consider this option if a detail of an image needs to be examined.
Higher resolution files are available upon request. Additional fees may apply.
• Photographic prints:
8 x 10 print ($35)
11 x 14 print ($60)
16 x 20 print ($100)
All prints are made on 100 percent cotton rag acid-free paper with 100-year archival inks and matte finish. Images will be printed in color unless alternative treatments are specifically requested at the time of the order.
Larger prints are available upon request. Please contact us for pricing.
Use of image(s)
10. Please select all that apply: (Use fees will be applied where applicable. Rates are discounted for non-profits.)
CD / DVD
Decorate public space
I am not ready to apply for permission to reproduce images, but I understand that permission must be acquired before images can be used.
If you selected "other," please describe the use below:
Image(s) will be reproduced in:
Black and white
Working title of publication or production:
Publisher / Producer / Sponsoring institution:
(please list all applicable names and give as much information as possible)
13. Please list any special instructions for your order:
By submitting this request, I am entering into a contractual agreement to observe restrictions involved in the publication and distribution of this/these material(s). I have read and agree to the Virginia Historical Society's Conditions of Use for Images (link opens in new window)
I agree Enter name here:
For our records
How did you discover VHS's photo services?
VHS employee or library staff
I'm a returning customer
Friend or family
VHS newsletter or email
If you selected "other", please describe:
After you submit your request, the following will occur:
1. You will receive an automatically generated email that summarizes the order as entered here and lists the Conditions of Use to which you are agreeing
2. VHS prepares and sends invoice
3. You submit payment
4. VHS produces and ships order View time table for standard and rush orders (link opens in new window)